Saturday, August 22, 2009

Oh My - Underwater!

Ok, so I've been totally inspired over the past week with some completely amazing underwater photography I've seen. So I decided to pull my underwater housing out of the box and be as fearless as possible at underwater photography. Now, I'm sure this is simple for a vast majority of the photographers who have mastered this type of work, but for me this has been the most challenging task I've encountered as a photographer and I am hoping that I'll eventually get the hang of it. It's fun when I see the results I'm going for, but it is by no means an easy goal to reach.


Meet Laurel. My sweet pal and former client. Most importantly, someone willing to get in a pool with her wedding dress on!!! This session was nothing more than practice and my first day of shooting underwater where my subject wasn't the pool cleaner... And so far, I'm pretty happy with the results. I know the possibilities are vast. 


Lastly, I had to throw in a few images of the hubs, also known as my "weekend underwater assistant". 


So, I think I'm done shooting the pool cleaner.







3 comments:

  1. You go girl! Totally amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna,

    These shots are great! Shelley Roth told me that you ran into each other. I would love to set up a meeting with you! Promise I won't bite. I was looking for a great new trend for weddings in photography to feature. Let me know if you want to hook up and talk it over.

    Jennifer Schafer

    ReplyDelete